Monday, March 5, 2012

Truth or Myth: The Lies you Believe about Losing Weight

 

It’s the 5th of March and I’m a week behind on Dr. Oz. I think I suffered from D.O. overload from the week before, Actually, I watched this episode yesterday and I thought, just in case you didn’t get to see it, I should recap these “Five Diet Myths Busted!”

There were 25 in total. He didn’t get to debunk them all. We’ll cover his 5 first, then see how far we get. No promises. So here’s number 1.

First up to bat. Diet Soda.

Have you ever watched his show? Then you know his format. He’s interactive. Pulling people up on stage with him, using them to demonstrate his points. Now I think Dr. Oz is downright sexy but I don’t believe that I would endure being wrapped in saran wrap sporting a red hard hat, getting lord knows what dumped all over me. Not even for him. Megan is a brave soul indeed. She’s one of the believers that if it has less calories, then artificial sweeteners be dammed, it’s gotta be good for you. He so sweetly asks her if its working for her. No, not really. He then leads her across the stage…The bottom line is artificial sweeteners have absolutely no nutritional or biological business in your body AND they keep you craving sugars because your feeding it something it can’t really use so it want’s more. Stabilize your blood sugar levels and you won’t need soda of any kind.

You really don’t need it, and most of you know it. No secret here.

No comments:

Post a Comment