Five foods to add to your diet that will help replenish and rejuvenate your skin!
Studies have show that you really are what you eat. Simply by adding these antioxidant rich foods to your diet, you can help your skin look more healthy and radiant! Leave behind greasy processed foods and start eating to give your skin the nourishment it needs.
1. Spinach: The folate levels in spinach help maintain and repair DNA, which can reduce cancer-cell growth in your skin. It also contains a plethora of other vitamins including vitamin E and vitamin A, excellent for your skin's healthy glow.
2. Almonds: Vitamin E is a great antioxidant, which helps to defend yourself against sun damage and Almonds are chock full of them! Easy to grab a handful to eat on the go, almonds are also a good source of magnesium and protein and loaded with the good fat - monounsaturated fatty acid. Added bonus, a terrific snack that can help stabilize blood sugar levels.
2. Blueberries - Studies have shown that the antioxidants in blueberries contain anti-aging properties. When it comes to looking younger, blueberries can‘t be beat! Inflammation is a major cause of skin aging and wrinkling so, once again, the powerful anti inflammatory properties of blueberries are high up on my list.
4. Foods rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acid and Zinc such as Tuna, Salmon, even Oysters. Omega-3s can reduce dryness and inflammation in your skin, two components that speed up the aging process. While Zinc assists in new cell production and the sloughing off of dead skin as well as reducing acne.
5. Papaya, carrots & Sweet Potatoes - the Orange foods are full of beta-carotene. Our bodies convert beta-carotene into vitamin A, which acts as an antioxidant, preventing cell damage and premature aging. In the case of vitamin A, you also get anti-acne benefits as well.
Eating a diet of whole unprocessed food, whatever they are, helps your body in so many ways to heal, rejuvenate and fight off infection. Go ahead and post a comment or ask me a question! I love to hear from you.