Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wendy's Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger

The old me wants to try this. I love hamburgers. The me in the present wants to know what's in it. This ruins it you tell me. My logic? I want to make a conscious decision. I need to know. 2 weeks ago I decided to no longer include pork or beef in my diet. So unless they make a turkey version I won't be indulging anytime soon. My body. I have a right to know what I'm putting in it. In fact, I want it to be ruined for me, then I won't eat it. I can live with that. Even a few weeks ago I may have tried it, but I would have definitely split it with you or saved half for later (assuming I recovered from what it does to my stomach).

Spoiler Alert! If you really don't want to hear it, don't read any further. I wouldn't want to ruin it for you, unless of course, it's what you want. 

So....This little contributor to obesity in America is 680 calories. Not the most calories of Wendy's menu, but lets face it, nobody needs to put down this entire burger in one sitting, especially when you haven't taken into account "Do you want fries with that?" Unless you are off to film Survivor of course.

Along with those calories comes 36 grams of fat that I'm willing to bet is mostly heart choking, artery clogging, and cholesterol rocketing saturated fat. Fact checker?? 

I'm shocked to say that 13grams of that is MUFA, however that's even too much of a good thing. Lets layer on the other fats, including 1.5mg of trans fat and you've just consumed over 50% of your recommended fat intake for the day...and let it be said that, in my humble opinion, most of that should be MUFAs. 

1110mg of sodium? You need maybe 1500-2000mg PER DAY! Can you say water retention? I'm feeling dehydrated just thinking about it. Good thing you can get a soda with that....(but I won't go into soda, here, that's a rant for another day) 46 grams of carbohydrates and 7 grams of sugar are just ripe to be stored as fat. But of course, lets not forget my crazy revolution to get Newbury Park to #eatclean... the produce is not organic...tomatoes and lettuce are heavily sprayed with pesticides and no peel.  The beef is cornfed straight from Monsanto, not to mention the environmental impact of the whole Agro industry...and the pigs, you know they're very intelligent? They know, when the guy is standing there with a prod in his hand, shits going down. 

I'm sure it's GOOD. That's what I keep hearing, but I know what kind of chemical mix it takes to make something good and frankly, since my pallet has been detoxed, stuff like this no longer tastes that good to me and I consider that a good thing.

yes I watched Veducated but I feel strongly about my decision to stop eating certain meats. It's not  The me in this moment is good with that.

However, I think I may need a break from Netflix...

No comments:

Post a Comment